Did You Know?
- 20 Million British people risk avoidable sight loss because they fail to have regular sight tests.
- One in ten British adults have NEVER had an eye examination.
- 85% of us admit to having problems with our vision.
- Free eye care paid for by the NHS.
- Everyone should have an eye examination once every two years unless advised otherwise by their optometrist. The Eye Care Trust recommends children aged under 9 and people aged 70 and over have annual eye examinations.
- It’s estimated that 1 in 5 children has an undetected problem with their vision.
- Fifty per cent of us think an NHS sight test costs £20 or more, despite it being free!
- A quarter of over 60 year olds say the quality of their vision affects their daily routine.
(Source of information. The Eyecare Trust)